West End residents have the opportunity to own and operate their own businesses in the West End.
This includes expanding opportunities for businesses owned by African-American residents of the West End.
1. Connect with the right partner to do – small business/entrepreneurial service provider
2. Conduct vocal sessions – led by MORTAR to get more input from potential participants of small business classes/workshops
3. Develop marketing campaign/neighborhood activation strategy for businesses (coordinate with branding initiative led by the Housing Work Team)
4. Identify and secure space to deliver training
5. Identify space for “pop-up shop,”
6. Develop operations budget detailing start up and ongoing cost to implement small business resident program